Microsoft are planing to follow Apple into the retail stores space. This got some people thinking of the differences between the two:
- The stores will have brushed steel walls dotted with holes — reminiscent of Windows security
- The store will have six different entrances — Starter, Basic, Premium, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate
- Excuse Bar (instead of Apple’s Genius Bar) staff with training in the art of evading questions
- Store hours are undetermined — at any given time the store mysteriously shuts down
- Sales staff will ask you whether you’re positive you want to purchase something — fashioned after User Account Control
- Emergency exits will be unlocked at all times so people can get in anytime they want even if the front doors are locked
There are more differences in PC World’s list.